Return to Learn plans are designed to help districts and nonpublic schools meet the challenges of 2020- 2021 by:
- Ensuring that remote learning options are available for all students
- Planning to help students catch-up for the learning they may have missed during school closures
- Integrating public health strategies into Iowa’s schools
- Enabling schools to move between on-site and remote learning as needed
- Helping the Department and our partners at Iowa’s area education agencies (AEAs) understand how best to support schools.
All districts and nonpublic schools must submit a Return-to-Learn Plan through the Department’s Consolidated Accountability and Support Application (CASA).